Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wipies and Diapies

Huggies new born diaper pack came with a box for wipes.On the top it had a zigzag opening. I once wondered how to pull stuff out of it until my friend figured that we had to pull one sheet of wipe through it just enough so that it tears through the perforated line and leaves a bit, easy to pull one next time. There's a lid on this so that it all still says wet for the next time. Talking of it, how stupid we feel when we tear through a packet only to find that it had a ziploc opening, more so if the contents have to retain their moisture.
In a recent visit, a friend looked at the baby's face turning red and surmised that it might be time for diaper check. Keep your ears out with the experienced. And now when I look at baby's struggles during the process, despite the Dr's assurances that its just baby's coordination skills practice, I wish there was something I could do to make it easier for the baby to poop.
With a newborn, for the outsider it seems like the baby is doing nothing but sleep. whenever anybody asks over the phone about the baby's doing, thats what they get in reply. But mommy knows that the baby is up to more. yesterday she moved to the side, taking up my space. I didnt complain. when I feel her hand next to my body, it feels good, some sort of communication.
When I went to visit a friend with a 2 month old baby, I didnt hold her as I was unsure of how to. When it came to my baby, I had no misgivings.
Theres all the talk about breastfeeding and bonding. With the time limit on how long the mommy can be away from baby, with them being so close all the time, they have to. Kind of being snowed in.
I saw a neighbour take some stuff out of the back of her SUV. The tell tale red of Huggies. I then knew of who else stays with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment